Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Baby's first bacteria depends on delivery

As time passes from the day that you were born, have you ever wondered what microbes you could've picked up when you were born C-section? As new survey reveals a new discovery, Babies that were born by C-section has different bacteria on their skins, nose, mouth and rectum than babies being born vaginally. This research also adds evidence to those babies born by C-section that are missing out on beneficial bacteria passed on their mothers. This beneficial bacterias that are being passed on from the mothers are quite important. Babies without those bacterias may not be able to strengthen their immune system not just that but the other systems as well.
As previous research suggests, that babies born via C-section may be more vulnerable to developing allergies, asthma and other immune system-related problems than babies born in traditional way. With this evidence, babies may develop even more than allergies and such. Deadly problems related to their health could develop in that way. I never knew that there would be a difference of getting microbes from being born in C-section or the traditional way. It quite saddens me for these babies that didn't received those good bacteria that were being passed on by their mothers. Those bacteria could have been a great help for their immune system and other systems as well. They would've live in a simple way of life as they grow up, not being afraid of what they are allergic to, and other things. I wish that they would've been an another way aside from C-sction so those babies could receive those beneficial bacteria and within that process as well, there would be no problems of bringing danger to their mothers.

4 comments:

  1. I remember thinking this was so interesting when we talked about it in class! It blows my mind that a different birth route can affect the child so much. What kind of bacteria are helpful? Are there harmful bacteria as well? I agree with you that is is upsetting that some babies don't have the same advantages as others. It's also really sad is that some mothers and babies don't have a choice when it comes to the birthing routine. Complications may arise that make it impossible to have a vaginal birth. So is there someway to expose the babies that were born with a C-section to the good bacteria they did not get? Would that help them or hurt them more? I believe that it would be really beneficial to research this subject more. We could help improve these baby's lives from the start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really weird to me how a difference of a baby coming out to the world can really make a difference on how their health will turn out in their life time. This indeed saddens me as well because my baby sister was born through an emergency C-section. It makes me wonder if she is going to get sick more often or if she will have allergies. From my own knowledge C-section is a good way for birth if the mother has HIV/AIDS because not only good microbes are passed to the babies, bad ones are passed too. Do you know if there are any benefits to the babies born from a C-section? Is there another way for the babies to get exposed to the helpful microbes that they missed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow I didn't know about the mothers having HIV/AIDS and such. Well I wish I would've know something about other ways for those babies to be exposed to those microbes but unfortunately, I don't know at this moment or no such other ways has been discovered. Anyways, Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  3. This is something that I have done research on before and it is surpring that more peole do not know about how harmful having a c section can be. I know that c sections are sometimes not a choice, but people should be educated about it. If you are interested more about this topic, you should really look up the information about how c sections affect mothers. If done with the first child then there is an increase in the chance of stillbirths. Just a little something extra for you to possibly research.

    ReplyDelete